Masterclasses on DeepHapticsTM
Haptics are sciences focussing on reproducing the sense of touch. At Audio Hospitality, we focus on DeepHapticsTM which reproduces the physical impact of a sound, according to its accurate frequency spectrum and its power.
We express the haptic power in g-force, measuring the 3 axial accelerations of a propagated wave in a semi-solid matter, not in decibels. We spent months measuring in real life the haptic vibrations and stimuli generated by trains, airplanes, motorcycles, cars, gunshots, sperm whales, live music and movies on the human body. Getting stuff to vibrate is easy. Transposing proper haptic stimuli into the human body is something else. Building a haptic chair that emits no artifact noises but induces haptic stimuli seamlessly to the brain is key for realistic immersions in gaming, music, cinema and relaxation.
Our Haptic classes are oriented towards introducing the gaming, music or movie soundtrack editors to take advantage of haptics in greatly enhancing the immersive experience. Nothing other than sitting on a VI-Pod haptic chair at your own audio studio is required.
The classes come in different formats. Jean-Yves Lamy, P. Engineer will teach a 2 day hands on class at your own studio facility. Training is possible for up to 2 people per session. Because of the recommended Cov-19 social distancing, we are offering virtual classes.
For class registration send your written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which of the following audio services you are in (music recording, movie editing, video game editing)
The topics covered are (Copyright Protected):
- What are haptics?
- Different haptic approaches and applications
- Haptics basic technologies
- Haptics for immersive experiences
- What is DeepHapticsTM for immersive enhancement?
- Haptic chair setup and configurations
- Haptic scale and parameters (EQ, delays, limiter, compressor, vectorial chaser, spectral distribution, pan, audio/haptic objects, LUFS etc)
- Depending on your field of expertise, these 3 options give you more specific topics: (Ask about the table of contents)
- - DeepHapticsTM for music enhancement (music soundtrack mixing and mastering)
- - DeepHapticsTM for movie enhancement (movie soundtrack mixing and mastering)
- - DeepHapticsTM for gaming enhancement (AAA video game soundtrack designing, mixing and mastering)
2 Day class Schedule (copyright protected)
- 2 hours - Haptic theory
- 1 hour - setup and possible configurations
- 1 hour - Haptic VI-Pod chair calibration for seamless integration with audio (playing soundtracks)
- 4 hours - of audio parameters tuning for enhancing the haptic stimuli at the mixing stage
- 4 hours - hands on mixing
- 2 hours - hands on the mastering
- 2 hours - A / B comparison playbacks
- VI-Pod DeepHapticsTM mixing and mastering certification granted